See you again next year!
Save the date! The next Open Design Cape Town Festival is already booked. Join us from 10-21 August 2016 for another festival of design, innovation and change-making. That means there’s plenty of time for you to plan your next Open Design event. Here’s how:
1. Decide what you want to do. Host a talk? Facilitate a workshop? Set up a maker station? Lead a tour? Open a studio? Curate an exhibition? Something else? Once you have an idea, get in touch to tell us about it. Remember the Open Design objectives, which are the guiding principles we use to curate the events programme:
· To build human capital in business, government and civil society
· To foster cross-cultural, local and international collaborations
· To foster a culture that embraces innovation and entrepreneurship
· To extend the legacy of the intention behind World Design Capital Cape Town 2014: Live Design. Transform Life
· To foster design-literate, active and responsive citizens and discerning consumers
· To develop new audiences for social design, universal design, service design and user-centric design
2. Pick a date. It’s worth noting here that our official opening event is on 10 August 2016. We want to see you there, so try to schedule around that.
3. Find the perfect venue. Open Design is a city-wide festival, so you can go anywhere. But we do want all events to be as accessible as possible for everyone, so please consider public transport links and safe parking facilities.
4. Secure your funding. We don’t fund events, so if you need sponsorship, now is the time to get your Thundafund campaign sorted, or your funding applications submitted.