About the event:
Get your game on with Friends of Design!
After the great success of the first Game Industry Day in December 2014, Friends of Design will be hosting the next event during the Open Design Festival.
The Game Industry Day is a chance to learn about and participate in the growing digital entertainment industry that is widely rated as the third most important future market worldwide.
Gaming technology provides endless opportunities to expand businesses, create jobs, improve services and to do things differently. The Game Industry Day event aims to:
– connect people who are interested in game technology with the people who provide it
– promote the work of Cape Town-based game development teams, giving the industry and public a chance to sample their work
– show new trends and technologies in game development and demonstrate how they can be applied
– raise awareness of how this important industry can create jobs, generate income and trigger business opportunities in South Africa
– create an infrastructure for successful projects, new companies and joint ventures to be established and thrive
– provide a platform for new developers to showcase their talents
The Game Industry Day will feature:
– industry speakers talking about different aspects of the South African game industry
– Cape Town-based game developers who will showcase their projects and give visitors a chance to try out new technologies
– new talents in game development who will be showing their projects and making new contacts for internships and/or job opportunities
– many other opportunities to share knowledge, experience and business cards.
Please check back for updates on speakers, schedule and exhibitors.
Location: Friends of Design – Academy of Digital Arts
186 Bree Str, Cape Town, Western Cape, 8001, Cape Town