About the event:
GRANDT MASON FOOTWEAR – 1st eco-footwear brand in Africa
A Special Workshop for Sustainable Footwear Design and Production
See details of course further below
Participants will be taught and mentored for 1 day (5 hours) by Mr. Grandt Mason – the designer and head of Grandt Mason Footwear CC (The 1st eco-footwear brand in Africa established 2002!) in our atelier at the Woodstock Exchange.
Learn about basic design, component development and the processes involved in footwear manufacturing.
Experience different materials used in the footwear industry, choose your own color combinations, fit them and witness the production steps.
Each participant will leave with their own unique pair of Grandt Mason´s (option of 3 different styles available).
Check our collection: www.grandtmason.com
DATES: Please note that you also have the option to book for the 24th August.
HOST: Mr. Grandt Mason and team
LIMITED SEATS: ONLY 10 participants per workshop
Included in the cost:
– All materials
– Manual: step by step production processes
– One pair of Grandt Mason shoes (collection after 3 days)
Techniques learned in this workshop:
– Basic pattern making
– Material selection and utilization
– Lining, cutting and marking of the chosen style
– Basic component construction and application (how to make an insole/sole)
– Witness each production step
– Learn about finishing and quality checks
– Learn the Grandt Mason ethos around sustainable footwear design and production.
PLEASE NOTE: Each participant can choose between 3 styles to create their own shoe.
RSVP TO email@example.com
Location: Grandt Mason Atelier
66 Albert Road Woodstock, Cape Town, South Africa, Western Cape