LIVE DESIGN TOUR: Paint the CityWe will be sharing: The range of public art, both permanent and temporary that has used the City as its stage.
- Dates: 18 August, 19 August, 21 August
- Time: See different times further below to plan your day
- Venue: Central City
- Event is: Open with RSVP
- Cost: R350 pp minimum 4 people: Bookings at: Africa Travel Group - Thana Nel - 021 – 712 6055
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/livedesigntours
- Twitter: #WDC652
- Event type: 2014 Events, Secondary, Tour, WDC2014 Projects
Live Design Tours is an official World Design Capital project #WDC652
18th (12:00 – !4:00) / 19th (10:00 – 12:00) / 21st (15:00 – 17:00) August
2-Hour Walking Tour
This tour explores the range of public art, both permanent and ephemeral that has used the City as its stage. Public space and the public art that inhabits it are in constant conversation. We will explore a range of sculptural and painted pieces and ask what role art should play as mouthpiece and in the inner city. In understanding the processes and intended meanings of work on display, this walk seeks to highlight the often tenuous relationship between government and free speech in creative industries. Participants will be given chance to respond in a unique public art intervention en route.
Contact: Bookings at: Africa Travel Group - Thana Nel - 021 – 712 6055