CATIA is an advanced graphic designing tool also known as Computer-Aided 3D Interactive Tool. Using CATIA, one can create the virtual layout and design of products, buildings, and other engineering graphics. The Catia was developed in 1977 by Dassault Systemes which is a French company. By now, the company has released multiple versions of this software, whereas CATIA’s Latest Version in Singapore is CATIA V5 6R2020.
Other than V5 6R, the company has launched four versions previously.
- CATIA V5 6(R23), released in 2013.
- CATIA V5-3DX (3D Experience) (R24), released in 2014.
- CATIA V5-3DX (3D Experience) (R25), released in 2015.
- CATIA V3-3DX (3D Experience) (R26), released in 2017.
- Social Design: CATIA allows free and open space to design the product where it helps to fulfil the needs of the people.
- World Wide Reach: CATIA has a Global Collaboration with many industries.
- Significantly 3d Experience: This software allows one to experience the high-definition 3D model of the product.
- Relatively Non-Breakable Design: The design is unbreakable as it gives a virtually 3D experience.
- Advanced In Surface Modeling: It helps to make a detailed product model from scratch.
- Excessive Use In Engineering: It is absurd to produce any model virtually in the engineering field.
- Combined Approach Design: This software allows combining different models and tests several times.
- Product Design: It will enable the design of a product in 3D dimension before manufacturing.
CATIA: Pros And Cons
- Surface modelling is highly developed and easy.
- Can modify to a specific point without disturbing the other elements.
- Simulation runs smoothly with a design.
- Easy user interface.
- Fast and effective.
- Easy Assembly creation.
- Dimensions are calculated very quickly.
- Good functions for automotive design.
- It still needs someone to learn the software.
- Slow update of an existing design.
- Product modelling becomes difficult.
- The software is pretty heavy; even computers designed to heavy-duty take time to load files.
- It is more expensive than other software.
- Finding items on the menu is challenging.
- Radiuses are slightly sour and cause problems.
- System requirements for the Latest Version of Catia
This software is supported on both web-based systems and desktops, and you can run it on Windows OS. The supportable Os is Windows 7 and Windows 10 with 64 bit with the highly recommended 4GB to 8GB of RAM.
To smoothly run Catia, you need a Multi-core, 64-bit processor with at least 10 GB hard disk.