Best set-top boxes to watch 4K video in 2023admin | February 28, 2023 | 0 | Technology
From the time we cut our cords off from cable TV connections, set-top boxes have seen plenty of changes over a couple of years. Earlier, set-top boxes could only help our television sets stream regular SD (Standard Definition) channels. However now, things are different!
Set-top boxes today can connect to the internet and stream online content on your television box. They can turn your regular TV into a smart one quite efficiently. While most of the boxes today support HD resolution, there are only a few set-top boxes that are 4K enabled.
If you want to invest in a good 4K set-top box, this article will help you out. Keep reading!
Top set-top boxes with 4K picture quality
Set-top boxes with 4K picture quality are usually Android boxes. These boxes help users to stream OTT content along with regular network content on their regular TV.
Airtel Xstream Box
Airtel Smart set-top box or the Airtel Xstream box is one of the best android boxes in the market. The Xstream box can help you turn your regular TV into a smart one. It brings the best of both worlds – DTH and OTT. Here are a few unique features of the Xstream box:
- You can experience over 500+ channels in 4K resolution with the Airtel Xstream box. Enjoy clear, crisp, and realistic pictures with the Xstream box.
- The box comes with a built-in Google Chromecast to cast your favourite content on the big screen.
- The Xstream box is powered by the latest Android 9.0. Therefore, your experience with the box will be fast and seamless.
- You have the option to download over 5000 apps with the Google Play Store. Listen to music or play online games on your TV with the Xstream box.
- Use your voice-enabled remote to give voice commands – powered by Google Assistant.
The Xstream box is priced at Rs. 1500 only. This is a one-time set-up activation charge.
Another set-top box that is 4K enabled is the Tata Play Binge+.
Tata Play Binge+
Tata Play Binge+ Set Top Box lets subscribers watch both live TV and OTT content (when connected to the internet) on one device, without switching between multiple HDMI ports. OTT content that the user can watch on this Set Top Box includes VOD, 7 days of catchup shows from Tata Play, and content from various OTT apps.
Tata Play Binge+ pricing is slightly at a higher point than the Airtel Xstream Box. You can buy the box for Rs. 2199.
There are many other set-top boxes available with 4K video quality. You can check them out online.
However, the Airtel Xtsream Box is one of the best and most affordable android boxes in the market. You can buy the same from Airtel’s official website.
Follow the below steps:
- Head to Airtel’s official website.
- Click on DTH and choose View Plans from the drop-down list to see Airtel DTH plans.
- Select the Xstream box and enter your mobile number to proceed.
- Follow further instructions to request a callback.
- An Airtel representative will contact you shortly to discuss your needs.
Enjoy entertainment with 4K video quality with the best set-top boxes of 2023.